Visitors

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Luigi Bosca Single Vineyard Malbec 2008, Mendoza, Argentina




This wine is officially released here in Ontario tomorrow (01OCT11) , but some smaller stores have a practice of stocking the shelves a day early, so I thought I would give it a try and write up a review for people who may be thinking of purchasing it. Now I have to say that Luigi Bosca Reserva Malbec has been a favourite of mine for some time, very consistent from year to year. I have never tried this Single Vineyard ( in Lujan de Cuyo in Mendoza) Malbec, but I had read only good reviews that got me excited to try this wine.

This wine opens up with ripe plums, fresh cherries, spices, red currants, light cedar and slight floral tones. Rich and vibrant mouthfeel with fresh acidity, velvet tannins and noticeable alcohol. It states 14.4% on the label but to me, it does feel higher. This Malbec finish is long with Cherry, sweet spices and mocha, leaving a good impression. This wine has so much potential, each glass was getting better and better. Overall great aromatics, very good value, this is a lot of wine for $22, drink now or hold for 4-5 years.

This wine is part of the LCBO New Release of October 1, 2011 at $21.95.

2 comments:

  1. Malbec is becoming one of my favorite wines, i have tried several and loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sam, Luigi Bosca is among one of my favourite Malbec's this year. Take a look at my review of my last review of a Malbec, Finca El Origen Gran Reserva Malbec 2009 publish on December 17. Not as complex and concentrated as the Luigi Bosca but still very enjoyable. Cheers. Paul

    ReplyDelete